tirsdag 14. februar 2012

What did you find most interesting in the book?

What I found most interesting in the book called The Curious Incident of The Dog In The Nigh Time. Well, the way Christopher’s thinking at any situation on daily basis. What we do without even thinking could be a difficult task for a person with Asperger’s syndrome or any other similar disease.
It always makes me thinking, when I read books like that, or even just hear about someone that has to go through a life like that. Of course Christopher had e decent good life, even though his disease slowed him down at some places. Another interesting part of the book was when his parents tried to make him understand that they loved him, but was unable to most of the time, mostly because Christopher didn’t apply thing that we often relate with loving, like giving hugs etc. It seemed like they found their ways to make him happy after all, but I believe that it took some years.

I think that people like Christopher needs understanding and compassion.  I want to bring in an example from the book, when Christopher was in public and at the underground. He was having a hard time and everything was difficult for him, but people kept on staring at him and I remember him describing some people calling him mean things. This made me think about how almost everyone treats people that seems a bit “un normal” in public. I believe that almost everyone would stare at that person, and of course it’s difficult, especially when people like Christopher where their disease doesn’t show on the outside.  Maybe this is what the main purpose of this book was? Giving people some thoughts about how a person with Asperger’s syndrome is thinking. How these people also can be extremely smart, or good at specific things, is also something I find interesting. The way Christopher, who clearly is missing some social antennas, is extremely good at maths.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar